Got a call from the MK to meet at the opposite of the road. Time check 3pm. That made me alert a little as this was the hours that I usually start my fishing. Ten more minutes to 6 before the cake cutting session. Better wolf down some chocolate smothered sweet nothings before I meet up with the rest. Dinner would be quite late I suppose at some R&R.
The blaring siren of the police car and “Beri laluan” bellowing from their PA system is annoying. Clearing the way for some potbellied, mustachio, high cholesterol, well connected puto. Usual scene when one works around KLCC area. But I won’t let it spoil my mood.
But honestly, I do not feel too excited or am anticipating for what is in store for me. I have learned that it’s better to let the journey unravel its own rather than worrying whether if I could fit in, how the weather would be, what do I do if I have to take a dump in the jungle, how to change my clothes when I am staying under a flysheet, what am I suppose to do with my time when night falls… you get the idea.
This time round I pack light. Weight is the keyword here. Previously I shouldered too much extra kgs. Bloody killer both on my back and the legs. This time round, I trim it down and I brough:
- 1 normal outdoor long pants – heavy
- 1 fisherman pants – light/easy to dry
- 1 board shorts – I can bath in these and it dries easier.
- 3 pair of boxers
- 2 long sleeves one is lighter wear and another in case the night gets too cold. Thicker.
- 1 short sleeve
- 1 singlet
- 2 pairs of socks
- 1 poncho
- 1 buff
- 1 pair of Inov8
- 1 pair of slipper
- 2 bars of snicker
- 1 packet of Oats
- 5 Nature Valley bars
- 3 potatoes
- 1 Sea to Summit Dry Sack
- 1 3litre Camelbak Hydration Reservoir
- 1 First Aid Kit (Plaster, Charcoal Pills, Panadols, Deep Heat, Counter Pain, Ho Yan Hor, Scissors, Nail Clipper, Finger Tape, Safety Pin and etc)
- Toiletry pouch
- 1 Pack of Glucolin
- 1 Pack of Organic Protein
- Assorted Vitamins
- 1 Packet of Salt (in case there are leeches)
- 1 FavourLight Luxeon Rebel 90
- 1 Energizer headlamp
- 4 extra AAA batteries
- 1Komperdell trekking pole
- 1 ziplock plastic for my ID, money, amulet, Touch n Go, LRT card. I have even ditch the unnecessary wallet. Extra dead weight.
- 1 sleeping bag
- 1 sleeping mat
- 8 tent pegs
I think the overall weight is around 10kg.
Bear in mind, for clothings I would constantly have 1 set on me.
I have to update this when I get back. Time is near.